If you are preparing for the big night, or you want to buy wedding night lingerie for your best friend who is getting married, you might be overwhelmed with all of the options available out there. How revealing do you want to go? What do you feel comfortable in? What might he like to see? With all of the options out there, you want to consider what you are most comfortable in. I always say white is best, but maybe you want to be non-traditional and get a splash of color.
There are many places to shop as well, either in store or online, but I would suggest browsing online before you make a decision. Trying things on is somewhat of an option, you do want to make sure it fits perfectly.
Bridal lingerie is an important part of any bridal image. It should show off all of your advantages and impress your new groom. There are two piece sets, and some that come with a garter and thigh high stockings, two pieces with a fun, flirty bottom, full one pieces covered in lace, a sexy camisole. The options and ideas are endless.
So how do you choose the perfect bridal lingerie with all of those options available out there? Here are some thoughts to keep in mind:
- Attention is in the details – Ribbons, lace, and other seductive details are what you and your new husband can enjoy after the wedding is over.
- Lace is key – Lace can be sultry and sexy. A bra with a few scallops of lace along the border creates a sweet appeal. Or you could go full lace to show off your skin underneath.
- Color options are endless – Once it is the evening, there is no longer a need to stick with white! Black or red can be ultra-sexy, or you can go demure with soft pastel colors.
- Panties – For your panties if you want to go with a two piece, it can be lace or sheer. Allow your skin to teasingly peak through. Get a matching set to complete the look.
- For a sexier look, add a garter belt and stockings. Garters and garter belts are available in a number of racy, sexy varieties. Get them to match the bra and panties set.
- You can also opt for a teddy, baby doll, or chemise for a romantic wedding night. More than a simple bra, they can give you a very sexy look. A corset or bustiers are also great options.
This is your big night, so you want to look and feel perfect. This can be hard to do after an entire day of prepping, the ceremony, the reception and everything that you need to do. What you wear the day of your wedding is going to be vastly different from what you want to wear on your wedding night. The bridal lingerie you wear during your wedding day consists of support, comfort and practicality. This is completely the opposite for your bridal lingerie for your evening.
For the evening it is all about being sexy and feeling confident. That is what you should be thinking about when choosing the bridal lingerie, you want to wear.
- Go for what fits your personality. If you are not a racy person, then maybe you want to choose something a bit sweeter. Your wedding night lingerie should be a reflection of who you are.
- Keep it simple. Like I mentioned earlier, this is going to be a really busy and long day. You may be tired, worn out, and perhaps a little bit tipsy. You may not want to mess with hooking up a corset. Something easier may be the better way to go.
- Splurge a little. This is night where you can spend just a bit more on quality lingerie. Your wedding night only happens once, so choose something that you like because you like it, and not just because of the price.
- There is no reason to stress. He will love you in whatever you are wearing (or indeed not wearing). It is more about you being confident in your own skin.
There are many quality companies that offer great bridal lingerie. Check out Valmont Intimates, Victoria’s Secret, Jezebel, La Senza, Agent Provocateur and more to find what is right for you.